Thursday 1 November 2012

Coco & Lola Progress

1.11.2012: Coco & Lola have settled in to their new routine. They seem to be getting closer and get on most of the time; apart from when Coco insists on giving Lola ANOTHER wash when she doesn't want one and they end up coming to blows (albeit fairly gentle ones!). We don't need an alarm clock in our house; the girls get up at the crack of dawn and make a nuisance of themselves to get your attention because they want to go 'out'. Lola brings me her favourite toy; (a skinny kitty, which used to be a rod toy till she stretched the elastic so much I had to cut it off- she carries it everywhere!) lays it on my pillow (sweet) and then proceeds to bite my toes (not so sweet!) until I give in - it doesnt' take long. They rush to their outdoor run to watch the squirrels and birds and don't even stop for breakfast!  After about an hour they have had enough and come back in for breakfast followed by an extended snooze - all right for some! 
 
On the health front; I managed to contact Dr Diane Addie, an expert in Feline Coronavirus and FIP; she has kindly agreed to answer some of my (many) questions about where we go from here; things like when will it be safe for them to have routine vaccinations and how often they should have FCov blood tests. I also want to know when it might be safe to get another kitten/cat (I know glutton for punishment!). She very kindly sent me a draft copy of her latest book which I am currently working my way through, it's full of useful information and all the latest about FIP treatment and research. As you can see, The girls are currently very well, though I permanently have everything crossed - doubt I'll relax until they are about 5 - (FIP does that to you) they only have to sneeze and I fear the worst! (The picture above shows skinny kitty taking pride of place between them!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment