Monday 26 November 2012

Coco & Lola Update

26.11.2012: Coco & Lola continue to improve since losing their beloved brother Dylan to FIP in August. Their appetites are better and Lola has started playing again, which is a good sign. Having said that, hearing her crashing about with her favourite toy at 2 in the morning is a high price to pay! Thought we had burglars last night! I have heard from Dr Diane Addie and she has answered my numerous questions regarding the girls' future management and I am very grateful to her - I feel much calmer now. Athough I am still on the lookout for any signs of illness, the longer they stay well the better I feel. I will follow her recommendations and get a further blood test done soon - the vet said to wait six months but Dr Addie recommends 2 to 3 months, which I think is better all round as the sooner they get the 'all-clear' the better. I am a little nervous to say it but it feels like we are almost out of the woods. Have bought the girl's Christmas stockings and have started to accumulate a few small things - have ordered a new wooden climbing frame for their run too - they are going to be VERY spoilt this year! The picture above is of Lola sleeping on Dylan's woollen blanket - I knitted them one each when they were little and he used to carry his around; it's full of holes where he chewed it as a kitten and Lola and Coco seem to love sleeping on it now - I don't think they have quite forgotten their brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment